This is something that we commonly handle for most of our projects as a part of the traditional “turnkey” service we provide. As a component of the design process, we commonly ask our clients for a copy of their site survey to enable us to do a zoning search on the property. This allows us to find out what other permit-related approvals we may need as a part of the process. Every location has different requirements. Rural property approvals differ from those required in urban areas, but some of the most common approvals include Committee of Adjustment, Regional Conservation Authority, Ravine Control, Site Plan Control, Oak Ridges Moraine, Niagara Escarpment, Health Department, etc.